Providing care for a loved family member is rewarding, yet any decline in their physical or cognitive health can place demands on the caregiver. Cranberry Cottage’s Adult Day Program at New Vista offers caregivers the support they need, while providing socially stimulating programs for your loved one. New Vista has both funded and private pay spaces available.
Located in the lower section of the New Vista Care Home, Cranberry Cottage is a health-oriented, social recreation service that offers a wide range of activities to seniors with chronic health conditions allowing them to continue living in the community. Seniors can participate in physical exercise and recreational activities in a social environment. Family caregivers are able to have a much needed break while your loved one is looked after by professional staff.
Now open 7 days a week.
Serving the Community
We care for you! Our community of care reaches out to those in need enriching their lives by meeting their social, emotional and physical needs through culturally sensitive programing and care.
“A home away from home with friendly, caring, Professional staff.”
A safe place for your loved one to come while giving you a break from your 24 hour a day care challenges. A time for you to rest and regroup. A time to take a short break. We can help. Use our menu of services and book the day and services you require for your loved one and let us look after the rest.
We offer a drop-in service providing the following for a small fee:
- Pamper your loved one with a spa bath in a whirlpool tub supported by a residential care aide. Take the challenge out of providing a bath at home in a standard tub. Let your loved one enjoy a relaxing ,luxurious soak & hair wash.
- Book a hair appointment at our salon. Our onsite, friendly hairdresser specializes in working with clients with mobility challenges, mild to moderate dementia, as well as other limiting conditions.
- Book a day in Cranberry Cottage where your loved one can participate socially with other seniors, enjoy recreation and exercise time and have a wonderful meal.
- Nutritious lunch and snacks
- Medication supervision
- Respite for care givers
- Health Monitoring
- Individualized care planning
- Consultation with a nurse
- Footcare services
- Exercise class
- Music Therapy
- Craft Group