With the number of seniors in Burnaby and Metro Vancouver growing exponentially as baby boomers reach retirement, New Vista will invest actively in its facilities, programs and services to create an enriching, caring and safe community where seniors can age-in-place.
As of the spring of 2021, New Vista has completed or begun projects that total well over $150M in value:
- Built and moved into a new Long Term Care facility on our main campus site.
- Upgraded and renovated the Winch and New Vista Towers. The sites provide social housing for seniors and the drab grey buildings have been updated with softer colours which complement our new Care Home
- Started the construction process of a new 125 apartment residence on Sussex Avenue, Burnaby, scheduled to complete, Spring 2022. Thank-you City of Burnaby and BC Housing!
- Started a new 25 unit residence at 18th Avenue, Burnaby, scheduled to complete summer 2023. Thank-you City of Burnaby and BC Housing!
- Invested $3M in equipment and amenities that ensure the safety and security of care home residents. Touchless, State-0f-the-Art Handwashing stations are located strategically around the Care Home to help with infection control.
As a non-profit, charitable organization committed to excellence and service to seniors and families, we require many partners and donors, a long term investment strategy, and operational leadership and foresight.
Income diversity underpinned by our core partnerships with Fraser Health and BC Housing, plus the contributions of residents, is the basis of our operating structure. However, we know that excellence, innovation and high quality care requires community partnerships and generous donors. Come join us on this journey!
Ernest Winch Tower & New Vista Place
In March, 2019, BC Housing kindly provided a grant to upgrade and renew the Ernest Winch Tower and its twin, New Vista Place. The renovation scope includes: exterior paint and lighting, new windows, balcony treatments, elevator upgrades, new generators, new elevators and fire system upgrades. These renovations will renew the buildings for decades to come, for our low income senior residents. The project will finish in spring 2021.
JS Woodsworth Court I & II
Phase I & II: Both phases have had their fences upgraded and we were able to replace hot water tanks and furnaces thanks to help from BC Housing and Fortis. In 2022 upgrades to the roofs, balcony membranes, window replacements, soffit, siding replacement and touch-up painting for our townhouses began thanks to a generous grants from BC Housing.
The New Vista Society has formed a partnership with Thind Developments, BC Housing and the City of Burnaby to build 125 units of affordable rental housing on Sussex Avenue in Burnaby.
This 14 story tower features: 22 bachelor apartments; 50 one-bedroom; 42 two-bedroom apartments; and 11 three-bedroom apartments. The building was developed, to provide housing to people with a low to moderate income and will open in March 2022.
This project is a three story, wood-frame, 25 unit building being funded through BC Housing’s Community Housing Fund (CHF). Anticipated opening is spring of 2023.
This residence will be named after our generous benefactor, Mrs. Eunice Oh.